SnapChat Filter for your wedding
While we love and cherish the professional photos our amazing photographers and videographers capture, sometimes, your guests want to get in on the action and show off your amazing wedding day on social media. Creating a SnapChat filter for your wedding is a fun way to allow your guests to join the fun. Don’t forget to include some signage at the event itself that lets guests know you’ve created a filter for their use. You can get signage from places like this website. It’s best to get all the signs you need for the day from one place so that they are all coordinated.
I (Kirsty) will be the first to admit, I’m a SnapChat fool. I love keeping up with friends and other industry professionals on the day-to-day. Creating a SnapChat filter, aka a Personal Geofilter, is way easier than I thought it would be. You need to take a few steps before we get to the fun part:
- Create a snapchat account if you don’t already have one
- Select ‘on demand filter
- Design your filter (we’ll chat more about this below
- Determine the date, area and the length of time you’d like the filter to be active (The larger the radius and longer you have it active, the more it will cost. For example, you can select Café Brauer and have it active for 24 hours, it costs about $100.00
Step three is where I was stumped- I am NOT a Photoshop pro, in fact I’m a self proclaimed failed millennial when it comes to technology. Thankfully, there are a few tricks to this:
- You can now create some through snapchat itself! This was not an option when I first used it, and it looks very user friendly!
- Etsy has thousands of creatives who create custom filters. Simply log on and search “wedding geofilter” OR CLICK HERE Each creative has a different process, but most cost around $10.00 for the file and customization.
- Ask your stationer if they can help, especially if you have a fun custom element throughout your print goods!
- Your final file should be 1080px wide by 1920px tall
Get a practice round in and make a geofilter for your bachelor/bachelorette party, or even a shower!