Revamp Your Resolutions
As the ball was dropping at midnight on New Year’s Eve, thousands of soon-to-be brides resolved to get fit for their weddings. New years day, the gyms were packed, yoga studios were crowded, and workout videos flew off the shelves everywhere. The months have gone by, the gym crowds have thinned, and those wrappers from heart-shaped boxes of chocolate are haunted women everywhere. Do you still want to get in better shape for your big day? It’s time to revamp your resolution!!!
- Mix it up: There are hundreds of gyms, studios, and activities in the Chicago land area. Sick of the elliptical? Try a class!
- Zumba, a Latin inspired cardio dance class, is a great way to work up a sweat and practice some moves for the dance floor! It’s so much fun, it doesn’t even feel like a work out!
- Piloxing is a craze that is sweeping the world! It uniquely combines Pilates and Boxing into a fat burning workout. For an extra burn and to help get your arms nice and toned for your dress, invest in a pair of the weighted gloves! That extra .5 lbs. really make a difference.
- Abs ARE made in the kitchen: why ruin a great work out with an unhealthy meal? There’s nothing wrong with enjoying a little salty-sweet treat, but remember, moderation is key. Take a cooking class with your man and learn how to be healthy for life TOGETHER.
- Romance and Fitness: Grab your fiancé and sign up for a ballroom class. You can learn some of the basic dances and impress your wedding guests on the big day. It’s a lot harder than it looks!
- Bond with the wedding party: If you want to get your entire bridal party involved, sign up for some of the intramural sports leagues in the city near you. Kickball, softball, dodgeball and more can be fun for even the least sporty of the group!
- JUST FOR LOLA BRIDES: Mention “LOLA BRIDE” when you call www.KAREEMTEAMFITNESS.COM in Ukie Village for special rates on 1, 2 or 3+ month “intensive” wedding prep packages! They offer strength, yoga, dance, boxing and TaeBo Fitness classes – but our fav is MaryMonica’s Dancetensity that burns up to 1000 calories in a single class! The woman makes magic, ladies!