Mad for Prints and Pattern
As a wedding planner in Chicago, I work with a lot of brides that want to tastefully incorporate color, texture, and pattern into their wedding décor. We encourage this, as it creates layers of interest in the event design. Here are some different ways you can letter pattern play a role in your wedding design:
Bold and Beautiful
- Create a focal for your table using a runner in a bold floral or geometric pattern.
- Line your invitation with a pop of pattern.
- Create a focal wall for your escort card display and reuse it for a dessert table backdrop.
- A patterned napkin adds a touch of whimsy to a table.
- Add a layer of pattern to the design of your cake in a bold chevron or stripe.
- Use different patterned specialty papers to wrap clear cylinders for a fun centerpiece presentation.
- Make some throw pillows in large or small patterns for your lounge furniture – or personalize the furniture that’s already in the space!
- Create a striped or patterned dance floor using a cover or even just some great lighting.
Soft and Sophisticated
- Use lace overlays with linens of a similar shade underneath to add depth without adding contrast.
- Raid your grandmother’s closet for old lace doilies and linens – these work great sewn together as runners or as overlays for cocktail tables.
- Lace textured cake – so lovely!
- Using lace juxtaposed with a more rugged fabric like burlap creates an elegant play of texture in neutral tones.
- Choose an elegantly patterned crystal accent charger plate or stemware to your table settings.
- Use a foil liner or backer in your invitation – deco patterns look incredible in gold foil!
For links and credits for all these photos and to check out even more examples of fun ways to use prints and patterns in your event design check out the LOLA Pinterest board: Mad for Prints and Patterns.